Mouth Guard for Snoring
Using a Mouth Guard for Snoring for Relief from OSA
If you have obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), you may benefit from using a mouth guard for snoring to help you and your partner both get a peaceful night’s sleep. The majority of people who snore also suffer from OSA (obstructive sleep apnea), which can cause problems such as loud snoring, daytime fatigue, and trouble concentrating. While many people with OSA use CPAP machines and face masks, not everyone can tolerate the masks – and surgery for OSA has a mere 55 percent success rate (and significant side effects). A simple mouth guard or dental appliance for snoring is an excellent solution.
- A personalised process. Your mouthguard will be custom fitted to your mouth. The first step is a sleep study for a proper diagnosis. This study is conducted in your home for optimal convenience and comfort. Then, you will be fitted with your appliance and given basic instructions. Finally, we will follow up with you to ensure that you are satisfied with your treatment.
- Understanding how the appliance works. If you have OSA, your lower jaw will drop back during sleep, carrying the tongue into the throat area and causing an obstruction that leads to snoring. The mouth guard has a special pathway that allows air to flow through freely. This air bypasses the palate and tongue, so you’ll breathe easy all night.
- It’s simpler. Many users find CPAP machines to be uncomfortable and cumbersome. A mouthpiece is not only more cost-effective, but it is also much simpler because there is no machine at all – just a single, manageable piece.
- Freedom of sleep position. When you use an anti-snoring mouth guard, you don’t have to worry about sleeping in any particular position. Feel free to get comfortable in whatever way you prefer – on your back, side, or stomach.
- It’s portable. If you travel regularly, a mouthpiece will be much easier to take along than an entire CPAP machine. Your mouthguard will be small, lightweight, and discreet – in other words, a perfect travel buddy.