Oventus Optima in Melbourne
Combat Sleep Apnea with an Oventus Optima in Melbourne
Sleep apnea is a condition that prohibits the body from having a restful sleep, but having an Oventus Optima in Melbourne is the key to solving your sleeping and often consequential relationship problems. See why we recommend this product and how we can assist you in diagnosing sleep apnea.
- It fits in your mouth. Using the CPAP treatment is a chore for people because of the mask, the pipe, host machine and power cable interfering with their sleep. It restricts movement in bed and is uncomfortable to wear. The Oventus device slots into the mouth and opens the airway, thus preventing snoring.
- Beneficial to your relationship. Snoring is a topic that people make fun of, not realising it can harm the patient and their partner’s relationship. Couples forego intimacy because the sleep apnea patient has to sleep in another room. Wearing this device eliminates that and keeps loved ones together.
- Improves the overall health of the body. Symptoms of sleep apnea include extreme fatigue regardless of the number of hours you’ve slept, high blood pressure and even heart disease. Since the dental device allows for oxygen to the back of your throat, your mind registers that you’ve rested. You wake up feeling energised. The knock-on effect lowers the risk of chronic disease.
- A thorough examination will show if you are a sleep apnea patient. On the first visit, a sleep scientist will conduct a sleep study. From those results, our health professionals make their diagnosis and will inform whether you require treatment.
- Since the Oventus Optima is a dental product, measurements are taken for a perfect fit, without hindering or hurting you. It is thus not a one size fits all product, and it can’t be shared or taken over from another person.
- Once your Optima is ready, we fit the device and provide you with instructions to care for the product. Initially, there will be a degree of discomfort as you get used to wearing the device while sleeping.