Sleep Apnea Melbourne
Do You Suffer from Sleep Apnea in Melbourne? Snore No More Can Help
Have you been diagnosed with sleep apnea in Melbourne, or do you suspect that you might have it? Sleep apnea is a potentially serious condition in which you stop and start breathing repeatedly during sleep – sometimes hundreds of times per night. Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is a common form of sleep apnea in which the throat muscles relax, and the jaw drops back, allowing the tongue and palate to obstruct the flow of air. At Snore No More, we offer a simple solution: the custom-fitted Oventus Optima, a sleep apnea mouth guard that corrects the obstruction and lets you breathe all night freely.
Benefits of a Sleep Apnea Mouth Guard
A dental device for sleep apnea is an excellent solution for several reasons. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy when you choose this type of treatment.
- It’s non-invasive. Unlike surgery, a conventional treatment for sleep apnea, an oral device is non-invasive with none of the risks, discomfort, or downtime associated with surgical procedures.
- It’s an effective alternative to a CPAP machine. CPAP machines, the most common sleep apnea treatment, don’t work for everyone. If you find these machines intolerable, a mouth guard is an effective option.
- It’s easy to use. You will use your Oventus Optima only while sleeping, and its small and sleek design makes it very comfortable after a short adjustment period. It’s also highly portable and easy to bring when you travel.
Tips Regarding Your Oral Dental Device for Sleep Apnea
Your sleep apnea dental device will work wonders – as long as you use it properly. Be sure to follow these tips for regular use.
- Have a sleep study first. It’s essential to receive a proper diagnosis before moving on to the next step.
- Get professionally fitted. Although you can find a wide range of sleep apnea products and devices on the market, they aren’t likely to be helpful unless they are custom-fitted to your mouth. Be sure to source your device from a professional who will create a custom device just for you.
- Wear it anytime you go to sleep. It may be tempting to leave your device on the nightstand but avoid doing so. First of all, the more you wear it, the faster you will adjust to it. Also, you will get the most benefit from sleeping soundly every night and even at naptimes.
About Snore No More
Many people who obtain CPAP machines end up not using them for one reason or another. If you can’t or don’t want to deal with the bulk and noise of a CPAP, Snore No More has the answer. Our Oventus Optima mouth guard is small, lightweight, and silent; it allows you to sleep in any position while you enjoy a full night’s sleep and your partner enjoys the quiet. We are a mobile service, which means that we’ll come to your home for all appointments, from your sleep study through your follow-up appointment after receiving your device. Contact us today to learn how to get started and get ready to take back control of your sleep.